The Friends exist to raise funds to support the Halls, to provide audiences and to embed the Halls in the local community.
The Friends have contributed to the provision of a much needed lift, to the refurbishment of public areas and the roof and provision of fans, microphone and a projector and a screen.
- Literary Evenings – when well-known authors talk about their books and answer questions from the audience
- Architecture Events – visits to iconic buildings often not open to the public and annual lectures by well-known architects
- Lunchtime recitals – usually Mondays, featuring inspiring young musicians in a varied programme
- Theatre group – organised group visits to theatres small and large to see the best drama London has to offer
- Special Friends’ events – a series of events throughout the year exclusive to Friends, including Open House and Open Garden events, a wine tasting and AGM with free recital
Benefits of being a Friend
- Receive a bi-monthly newsletter and weekly email about our activities
- Receive information to exclusively Friends’ events eg architecture and theatre group visits, Friends’ Open Gardens and Open Houses
- Have the opportunity to reserve seats for Halls Sunday concerts, advance book for the popular Halls Opera Gala night and take advantage of occasional Friends’ concessions offered by Trinity Laban
- Receive details of particular Halls and other local events that may be of interest
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that your support will contribute to sustaining the building and its programmes for future generations
Make a commitment
'If you enjoy performances at the Halls and value the venue please help us to increase our support by joining the Friends. Do contact me if you would like to receive details of our autumn programme.
Membership forms are available direct from the halls or by downloading a form here. Adding gift aid to your membership makes your support go even further, a standing order helps streamline our accounting and providing us with your email address will ensure we can contact you more easily as well as saving on postal costs.
I do hope you will join us.'
Dame Joan Ruddock - Chairperson Friends of Blackheath Halls
Email: [email protected]
The Friends of Blackheath Halls, 23 Lee Road, London SE3 9RQ Charity No: 1023390 [email protected]