The Friends exist to raise funds to support the Halls, to provide audiences and to embed the Halls in the local community.
The Friends have contributed to the provision of a much needed lift, to the refurbishment of public areas and the roof and provision of fans, microphone and a projector and screen.
- Literary Evenings – when well-known authors talk about their books and answer questions from the audience
- Architecture Events – The Architecture Group organises architect-guided visits to good modern buildings not often open to the public, a summer architectue visit to a UK city, and an Annual Architecture Lecture.
- Lunchtime recitals – usually Mondays, featuring inspiring young musicians both vocal and instrumental in a varied programme ranging from the classical to the experimental.
- Theatre group – The Theatre Group organises group visits to theatres small and large to see the best drama London has to offer and in 2017 a three day visit to Stratford upon Avon.
- Special Friends’ events – a series of events throughout the yeat exclusive to Friends, including Open House and Open Garden events, a wine tasting and AGM with free recital.
Benefits of being a Friend
- Receive a bi-monthly newsletter and weekly email about our activities
- Receive invitations to exclusively Friends' events e.g. architectue and theatre group visits, Friends' Open Gardens and Open Houses
- Have the opportunity to reserve seats for Halls Sunday concerts, advance book for the popular Halls Opera Gala night and take advantage of occasional Friends’ concessions offered by Trinity Laban
- Receive details of particular Halls and other local events that may be of interest
- Have the satisfaction of knowing that your support will contribute to sustaining the building and its programmes for future generations
Make a commitment
'If you enjoy performances at the Halls and value the venue please help us to increase our support by joining the Friends of Blackheath Halls. View our current programme.
Membership forms are available direct from the halls or by downloading a form. Setting up an annual standing order for your renewal saves the hassle of remembering to renew.
You can also join online via the website. If you are a UK tax payer, you can add Gift Aid to your membership making your support go even further.
Do be sure to let us know your preferred method of communication, as we send out details of our upcoming programme on a regular basis.
I do hope you will join us.'
Dame Joan Ruddock - Chairperson Friends of Blackheath Halls
The Friends of Blackheath Halls, 23 Lee Road, London SE3 9RQ Charity No: 1023390 firstname.lastname@example.org