Covid Update August 2021
Since most Covid restrictions in England have been removed, we have reviewed our Covid-secure procedures.
Most performances will now go ahead at full audience capacity.
We will continue to offer occasional online and socially distanced performances and events which will be clearly marked as such on our website.
Please read through the FAQs below which will give further details of how performances will run at our venue and what procedures remain in place to keep both our staff and audiences as safe as possible.
If you have any further questions please call the Box Office on 020 8463 0100 or email [email protected]
How long is the event?
- Individual event running times are available on the website event listing page. Alternatively, please contact the box office on 020 8463 0100.
How do I book?
- We ask all customers to book their tickets in advance either online at www.blackheathhalls.com or by phone on 020 8463 0100 (Mon – Fri 10am-5pm). Tickets are not available on the door at this time.
Will I receive a physical ticket?
- You will not receive a physical printed ticket, and you won’t need to collect one when you arrive at the Halls. Instead, you will receive a print at home ticket to your email address. (N.B. this may go to your junk folder depending on your security settings.)
- Please either print out your print at home tickets or have displayed on your mobile device to present to the Front of House staff at the door.
Will I need to wear a face mask?
- We continue to request that all customers wear face coverings whilst moving around the building and whilst sitting in your seats except for individuals who are exempt.
What other safety measures will be in place for my visit?
- We would also ask that you do not attend events if you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive or have been asked to isolate.
- We encourage audiences to take a lateral flow test before leaving home.
- We request that you sanitise your hands at the sanitiser station on entering the building and throughout your visit.
- Temperature checks are in operation on arrival.
- We will continue with increased cleaning and careful ventilation of the building as well as e-ticketing, drinks ordering online and contactless payment.
Blackheath Halls staff will also observe these precautions.
Is the bar open to buy drinks?
Yes our bar is now open for events offering a selection of drinks and snacks.
We encourage you to place your order online here or via the QR code below and we will prepare your drinks ready for collection on your arrival or shortly after you have placed your order. Alternatively, it will be possible to purchase drinks directly from the bar on arrival.
Please replace your face covering when not consuming your drink
Where can I park?
- The nearest car park is behind Blackheath Station. This is 5 minutes’ walk from Blackheath Halls. A map and further directions can be found here.
- Customers with mobility issues are advised to contact the box office on 020 8463 0100 to discuss parking arrangements.
Please Support Us
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to you all for your ongoing support. We have received some lovely messages as well as some very generous donations to date and both this support and positivity mean so much to us during these difficult times.
Blackheath Halls usually runs over 800 performances, workshops and activities every year without any core funding. We are very dependent on ticket sales, bar income and income from hiring the building, therefore navigating the Covid-19 crisis is enormously challenging for us.
We are running some online activities and occasional live events where social distancing is possible, but we are nowhere near back to our normal capacity, and we remain incredibly grateful for your support. If you are in a position to make a donation, you will be making a huge difference.
We can claim Gift Aid on your donation (where applicable) making your gift go even further. You can text 10BLACKHEATH to 70085 to donate £10 or visit our Donate Now page. If you require further information, or would like to specify how your donation should be used, please contact Development Officer, Emily Perry on [email protected]. Thank You.