The photographs now on display in the café bar at Blackheath Halls aim to encapsulate the spirit and breadth of recent performances here. The older photographs in the corridor give a glimpse of the heritage of the building, some past performers, and our place in the history of Blackheath village and community.
Ground Floor Corridor
Blackheath Village Northwards pre 1902 © Blackheath Society
Tea Dance 1990s © Blackheath Society
Oleg Prokofiev c1988
Jools Holland c1993
George Melly c1986 © David Sinclair
Nigel Kennedy 1990 © Blackheath Society
Thomas Allen 1989
Yeomen of the Guard 1896 © Blackheath Society
We are very grateful to all the photographers and copyright holders who have given permission to use their wonderful images, and to the incredible performers past and present who feature in the exhibition, and to their descendants and estates.
We have done our utmost to establish and track down copyright owners and photographers, and credit images correctly, however we apologise for any errors or omissions. If you are able to provide further information, we would welcome emails to [email protected] so we can make appropriate corrections and additions.
We are also extremely grateful to:
- The Blackheath Society, and Allan Griffin in particular, for helping us source and chose historical images
- Claire Kidwell and members of the Jerwood Library team at Trinity Laban for their assistance locating archive materials
- Adam Hypki for initial layout and design
- David Stallard and Charmian Scott of Printing Ideas for advice, printing and hanging
- Blackheath Halls Board, staff and community members who have recommended, selected and collated images
Gemma Okell, Director Blackheath Halls